Neither one nor Many
Software engineering blog about my projects, geometry, visualization and music.
Just one thing that was annoying me for a long while, and how I fixed it. I tend to switch back and forth between insert and command mode in vim. And somehow PhpStorm with IdeaVim plugin enabled felt non-responsive. I press escape, start hitting :wq, and I have :wq in my code.
I got accustomed hitting Escape twice, and later even three times, by default so that I was more certain I was out of insert mode. I also tried Control+C, and Control+[, but they have the same problem.
I know the 'problem' always occured when i.e. PhpStorm started rendering an Intellisense popup: press '.' somewhere, in a large file it may take a few moments before that popup appears (maybe due to parsing etc.), so you don't see it. Assuming you are now in command mode, the escape press was actually consumed by the popup. Then of course you do escape to command, and try to undo, but it undo's a lot more than the chars you now accidentally sprayed in the code (also not exactly the same behaviour as Vim, but alas :D)
Right mouse click -> Remove Escape:
Go to Plug-ins -> IdeaVIM ->
Find the row with all the keybindings on it.. right click on it -> Add Keyboard Shortcut
Hit escape, save that. -> Apply -> Ok.
Annnnnd you're done!
* Set keymap to Visual studio
* search for "Find usages", map it to ALT+SHIFT+F
* search for "Rename", map it to ALT+SHIFT+R
* "Navigate to Declaration" should already be mapped to F12
* Also map class Hierarchy to ALT+SHIFT+H
* Set all code styles to use Tabs, of width 4. (Both tab size and indent)
* Set Show whitespaces (Editor - Appearance) to checked.
* Set Show linenumbers also to checked.
* Set Use block caret also to checked.